Privacy and Cookie Statement
Effective: 1st March 2021
Operating an online service that provides users with recommendations for their favourite restaurants and planning for the night out, including hotels, holiday rentals and other accommodations, by selecting the best tour attractions and experiences, night clubs, cafes, wedding places, deal of the day and lots more was never been easy. In this Online service, these are indicating as our Services.
Dishadvisor LLC owns and operates all our services. Visiting our website and related application, whether on a computer, phone, tablet, or similar device would be treated as one device and by using our services you are accepting our policy described below.
When you access or use our Services, we collect information from and about you to provide a more personalized and relevant experience. Some information we collect automatically. When you use our Services by “clicking-through” from our website or when you visit third-party sites via our Services, those third-party sites may share information with us about your use of their service. Information collected may include the following:
- Contact information, including name, phone number and postal and email addresses
- Billing or payment information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address).
- User name and password.
- Photos, reviews, forum and social posts.
- Geolocation information.
- Device information, such as when you accessed our Services and information about the Device used (for example, IP address, or internet browser used, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers and advertising identifiers)
- Online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed, and apps reviewed.
- Information about your night out plans and preferences.
We may also collect, in instances where you have provided it, information about other foodies, including their email address and other travel-related information. If you are sharing information with us about other individuals, you must obtain their consent. You must obtain the consent of any other individuals if you are providing their data to us.
In addition to the categories noted above, we may also collect location information if you have instructed your Device to send such information via the privacy settings on that Device, or, for example, if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use your location information directly and/or share your location with third-parties. We collect and share location information in order to provide you with relevant content, to analyse your use of our Services, to improve our Services and to provide contextual advertising or recommendations. For example, we may use your location to show you reviews of hotels, restaurants, clubs, cafes, or weddings places near you when you are planning to move from home.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time in order to turn off the functionality that collects and shares location information and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. However, turning off location-sharing may affect certain features we offer. If you have any questions about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
We are committed to providing you with relevant content on our Services and respect the data privacy laws of the different jurisdictions which we operate in. We use information about you so we can help you enjoy and use our Services, including in the following ways:
- Register and manage your account, including to allow you access to and use of our Services.
- Facilitate your bookings.
- Measure interest in and improve our Services.
- Notify you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates, or our partners that may be of interest to you.
- Communicate with you.
- Enable communication between registered users and owners/representatives of listings on our Services.
- Enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, photos, and other content.
- Customize your experience, including customizing the ads shown to you on our Services and across the internet.
- Make inferences about your interests or preferences.
- Provide you with an optimized experience and to group users of our Services based on, for example, usage and demographics.
- Send you a notification regarding party of the day.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or unlawful activities.
Please note some information about you is required in order for us to provide you with relevant offerings from us, our affiliates, and our partners and to enable you to enjoy other benefits of being a registered user. Please review the “Information Choices” section below with respect to your choices related to the collection and use of your information.
In order to provide some of our Services, we may need to share information with certain other third-parties, including our group of companies, in the following circumstances:
- Our Group of Companies. We share information with companies in our corporate family so we can provide you with information about products and services, both food-related and others, which might interest you. These companies and websites will comply with this Policy and all applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications.
- Suppliers. We share information with certain suppliers used to facilitate our Services, including to help with transactions, such as any reservations you might make, for example, sharing data with a restaurant if you make a reservation using our Services.
- Business Partners. We may share information about you, your Devices and your use of our Services with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share information so that we can provide you with relevant content or in order to facilitate payment for products or services you may purchase on the websites of our partners. This sharing is generally pursuant to written agreements which include confidentiality, privacy and security obligations; however, note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Social Media Sites. When you use our Services and elect to share information with third-party social media sites, the information you share will be governed by the privacy policies of those social media sites and the privacy settings you have set with those social media websites.
- Other third-parties, such as referring websites. Third-parties may also assist us in collecting information by, for example, operating features of our website or facilitating the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. We may share audience segments and other information with third-parties that use that information for tailored advertising to you.
Third-parties may only collect or access information as needed to perform their permitted functions.
Certain Device operating system versions permit you to opt out of certain types of information sharing, including to certain advertising networks. Please check your Device settings if you want to limit such tracking.
You have options with respect to the collection and use of your information. You can access, update and even close your account by visiting the Member Profile page on our website.
We are a global company and operate in many different jurisdictions. If we transfer your information to other countries, we will use and protect that information as described in this Policy and in accordance with applicable law.
We have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect your information.
We only authorize specific employees to access personal information and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share information. We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized access to your information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information from unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, or other circumstances outside of our control.
We will retain copies of your information for as long as you maintain your account or as necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In addition, we may retain your information for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
What are cookies?
The cookies we use fall into three categories.
|Essential||These cookies are necessary to help you access and move around the website and use all its features. Without these cookies, the website would not work properly and you would not be able to use certain important features. For example, we use a cookie to keep you logged in during your visit, so the site does not require you to log in repeatedly to access different pages. We may also use essential cookies for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
You cannot turn off essential cookies through the Cookie Consent Tool, as such cookies are necessary for you to access and use the features of the website.
|Analytics and customisation||We use these cookies to help us understand how the website is being used and how we can improve your experience on it. These cookies can provide us with information to help us understand which parts of the website interest our visitors and if they experience any errors. We use these cookies to test different designs and features for our sites and we also use them to help us monitor how visitors reach the website.
|Advertising||Advertising cookies help ensure that the advertisements you see are as relevant to you as possible. For example, some advertising cookies help select ads that are based on your interests. Others help prevent the same ad from continuously reappearing for you.
We also work with third-party advertisers to give you access to your night out content that might be of interest, and may set cookies on our Services to provide you with advertising that matches your interests and preferences. These “third-party cookies” collect information about your browsing behaviour and interaction with ads or the Services more generally. This information also helps us limit the number of times you may see the same ads and improve your online experience.
Cookie Consent Tool:
To give you control, we provide you with a Cookie Consent Tool, which allows you to review the first party and third-party cookies placed through our website and adjust your cookie settings, including whether to accept or decline such cookies.
You can access the Cookie Consent Tool by clicking the “Cookie Consent” link at the bottom of every page or by modifying your preferences in our cookie banner. In addition, you can manage cookies through the settings of your internet browser. You can have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, delete individual cookies or delete all cookies.
If you delete your cookies, your access to some functionality and areas of our Services might be degraded or restricted.
Our use of any information we collect through cookies is subject to this Policy, which is linked on every page of our website.
Statement Changes and Notification
If you have a data privacy request, such as a request to delete or access your data, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. For general data privacy inquiries or questions concerning our Privacy and Cookies Statement, please contact us through our email: email@example.com.
General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Statement (“GDPR Policy”):
Controller of Personal Information:
Dishadvisor LLC is the data controller of personal information we collect, however, in accordance with applicable data privacy law, we have appointed representatives within the European Union and United Kingdom.
Your rights under GDPR:
You have certain rights regarding your personal data.
Your rights with respect to your own personal data include the following:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete personal data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data must be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. You may request that we send this personal data to a third-party, where feasible. You only have this right if it relates to personal data you have provided to us where the processing is based on consent or necessity for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is conducted by automated means.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint before your national data protection authority.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In an effort to speed up our response, we may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request. You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
Pursuant to GDPR, we will use your personal data in one or more of the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- With your consent.
Whenever we store or transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards. Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country recognised by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection; or
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Statement (“CCPA Statement”):
This CCPA Statement is provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies to California residents and supplements our overall Policy with additional disclosures and rights.
Your rights under CCPA:
As of January 1 2020, California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their personal information is shared with third-parties or affiliated companies for direct marketing purposes.
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information about you that we sold, the categories of third-parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. As described in more detail in our Statement, there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your deletion request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation. You can also access, update, and remove your information by visiting the Member Profile page on our website.
- You may request to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third-parties to use for their purposes unless you later direct us to do so.
- To take advantage of your disclosure and deletion rights, please contact us via our dedicated privacy portal by firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to verify your identity to enable us to process your request. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of privacy rights. We will respond to your request within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, transactional information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
Dishadvisor is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to minors. We do not knowingly collect data relating to minors. If a person whom we know is under 14 years of age sends us personal data, we will delete or destroy this information as soon as reasonably possible.
Information Sharing and International Transfers:
We, Dishadvisor LLC, may share information with third-parties, such as those listed below, in order to facilitate some of our services and products. There may also be legal reasons that we have to share your personal data. Some of our services and products require that we share information with the third-parties listed below. There may also be legal reasons that we have to share your personal data.
To efficiently provide our services to you, we have delegated certain processing functions as described below to the third-parties listed below. We will obtain your consent when provide your information and delegate processing to such third-parties pursuant to the agreements in place with such third parties.
|Third Party Details||Purpose and Use||Shared/Transferred Personal Data||Retention period|
Salesforce Data Protection Officer (Salesforce Privacy Team)
415 Mission St., 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
||We will retain copies of your information for as long as you maintain your account or as necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Statement, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. In addition, we may retain your information for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.|
Zendesk’s European Representative:
Zendesk International Ltd
Attn: Rachel Tobin, AGC, EMEA & Global Privacy Counsel
55 Charlemont Place, Saint Kevin’s, Dublin, D02 F985 Ireland
|Snowflake Computing, Inc.
Chief Privacy Officer
Google Data Protection Office
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, California 94043
|SYNNEX-Concentrix UK Limited
1200 Abernathy Road
Atlanta, GA 30328
|Tableau Software, Inc.
Tableau Software, Inc., Attn: Tableau Legal, 1621 N 34th St., Seattle, Washington 98103
375 Beale Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105
Office of the Data Protection Officer
We want you to feel confident about using our Services so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have implemented the following administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us.
Destruction and Deletion of Information:
We will destroy or delete your data in the event the data retention period has lapsed, you no longer maintain your account or if the purpose of data collection has been achieved.
You can exercise several of your rights through the personal information section of your account. To exercise your other rights you can file a request by contacting us through our email: email@example.com or you can contact us to our head office number: +90 850 255 5400.
The contact details of our Head Office is:
Dishadvisor llc (Managing Director: Muhammad Salman Rafiki)
Tel: +90 850 255 5400
E-mail: Dishadvisor@gmail.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Daire 8, Maslak, Istanbul, Turkey.